Wednesday, July 6, 2011

HAPPY 30th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!

This is it! 

We said "I DO" thirty years ago today at Sawgrass Lake Park in St. Petersburg Florida.  Pastor Brewster of Suncoast Cathedral Assembly of God performed the ceremonty.  We decided to go kinda casual, since it was the third marriage for each of us.

My spouse-to-be wore a suit, his usual go-to-dress.  I chose a deep pink street length dress.  My room-mate made it for me.  Mother, who had sewn my clothes previously, died about five years earlier.  Dad and my step-mother attended.  So did about fifteen to twenty people from the Suncoast Cathedral Divorce Recovery group where we had met a year prior to the wedding.  My cousin and her husband also attended.  We all went for breakfast nearby after the ceremony.

Then, the HONEYMOON, a driving trip around Florida.  Went to several famous locations, I frankly don't remember them all now, but we enjoyed the trip and each other tremendously!

My groom, who vowed he would NEVER leave Florida, two years later moved us to Minneapolis, Minnesota!  It was a promotion for him, a job transfer, we had a good six years there, but I am surely happy we came to Arizona!

Anyway, back to TODAY!  We went to "Bocca De Beppo!" This has to be my all time favorite restaurant!  It is Italian, a type of food we have gravitated to wherever we have traveled or lived.  "Bocca," as it is often called, is among the many restaurants in "restaurant row."   This is where a number of restaurants are clustered near the Mariner's spring-traing baseball stadium in Glendale AZ around 83rd Avenue and the 101.

We seldom eat out, since my darling is such a gorgeous, wonderful chef himself.  I call him "Chef Bernie" and there is a blog which you might enjoy reading!  There are many of his recipes there and a contest you want to enter!  

We ordered a gorgonzola salad, lobster pizza and carafe of sangria.  It all tasted scrumptuous!  We brought home enough food for two more meals which we're going to enjoy!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABY!

No comments:

Post a Comment